Conceived by Steve Smyers, known for designs such as Isleworth, Southern Dunes and Old Memorial Golf Club, this beautifully mature and meticulously maintained course meanders through 860 acres of cypress forest. With strategically placed sand traps and nearby water on 17 of the 18 holes, Cheval promises to be exciting for golfers of all levels. The drive along Cheval Boulevard past our signature holes, # 17 and # 18, offers a glimpse of what our golfers experience.
The Par 71 layout offers seven sets of tees ranging from 7,021 yards at the tips to 5,056 yards from the forward tees, plus a par three course. Doglegs and blind tee shots abound on a course which brings new meaning to the term “target golf.”
Winding it’s way through our beautiful community, this course offers abundant wildlife sightings with no two holes running parallel, giving the feeling of seclusion and scenic views on all holes.
Cheval offers several courses open to all players. We have an adult par 3 course or junior par 62 course. The yardages per hole range from 92 – 176 yards. We also have a golf course at 5,300 yards in length. These additions give Cheval GAC a total of 7 sets of tees. Something for everyone!
NEW Shark Experience
Now offered at Cheval GAC – The Greg Norman Shark Car Experience!
Norman’s company has partnered with Verizon, Club Car and GPSI, a leader in golf GPS technology to produce golf cart equipped with an HD-touchscreen that streams music, live sports and highlights, premium videos and golf tips from the Shark himself.
Read more about the Shark Experience HERE.
Connected GPS Golf Cars
Cheval GAC boasts Tampa’s first and only course featuring Club Car’s Connected® Golf Cars offering new state-of-the-art golf experience
Our fleet offers real-time leaderboard scoring, highly accurate range finding capabilities, direct communications with other cars, and even the ability to order and have food and drink delivered right to you out on the course!
The use of technology to enhance a golfer’s experience is innovation in itself. Traditionally, golfers always had the task of recording and keeping scores manually, but Visage™ offers golfers the ability to see where their shots have landed, to view interactive scoring and leaderboards with other players. Golfers can easily set up scoring for as many as four players, and have their cards emailed to themselves at the end of the round. Customized game features are also available through the Club Car’s Connected® design.
Visage™ system offers much more than simple GPS; it heightens the golf experience for players. Connectivity helps golfers keep cars out of lakes and other sensitive areas and the ability to see other golf cars on the course at any time.
- When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment. If the ball or ball-marker is moved, it must be replaced. If a players ball on the putting green was moved by other natural causes (wind, rain, gravity), the ball must be played in it’s new
location. If the ball marker was moved by the above mentioned causes, it must be moved back.
- Out of bounds is defined by white markers, roads, fences and concrete property walls.
- Carts must stay on paths around tees and greens.
- 90-degree rule is in effect at all times.
- Proper golf attire and etiquette will be enforced.
- Slow play will not be tolerated. Please play ready golf
- Repair ball marks, fill divots with sand and rake bunkers. Rakes should lay outside of bunkers running parallel to the hole.
- Lateral water hazards defined by red markers/lines.